Micro injection of Zamak under pressure
Zamak micro-injection in a hot chamber makes it possible to produce parts weighing a few grams with the following technical advantages :
- Injection of complex and precise parts.
- Production of parts with up to four drawer movement axes in addition to the mould opening axes.
- Reduced production costs through very low metal feed loss and fire loss.
- Feeding in the direction of the parting line without 90° bends as in conventional presses.
- Quick mould change on the machine (cavities and drawers).
- In some cases, automatic separation of the feed (sprue/runner) and the part at the time of injection.
- Parts with little burr and therefore no need for cutting.
- Reduction of part finishing operations.
This technology also allows a reduction in the cost of moulds:
- The moulding parts contain only the impressions and cores without the need to invest in a heavy casing as in conventional presses.
- If the part requires drawers, the sliding systems are already included in the "cross" integrated in the machine structure.
- It allows a reduction in the number of impressions because the injection rates are fast and are adapted to large series.
- The indentations in the zamak injection have a long service life.